What is social media?
Social media is a term used for lots of interactive digital channels that will let users create and share information, ideas, interests, through virtual communities and networks.
What is social media marketing?
Social media marketing describes the use of social media platforms for connecting with potential clients and sharing information and posts regarding your products and services. This is to encourage sales and activity towards your business.
8 ways social media help grow your business
- Increase brand/product awareness – First and foremost being on social media is always better than not being from a business perspective. Just being active on your social media platforms will create brand awareness and gain you more prospective clients and connections.
- Drive traffic to your website – You can share your business website on all your social media platforms to drive traffic over to your website. If you use analytics for your website, you can check to see if you have had an increase of views after any posts have been put up on social media.
- Generate new connections – By following other businesses and prospective clients the likelihood of them following you back is high, which then creates exposure for your business and the products and services you offer.
- Boost product sales – If you can keep adding new posts regularly promoting your products and services then you will more than likely generate sales from your social media platforms.
- Build your reputation with customer feedback – On some social media platforms customers can leave reviews and comments; positive feedback from your clients will make you stand out from the crowd!
- Engage with your audience – If you get a comment or message on your social media platform it is always important to respond, it can say a lot about a company as they have made the effort to respond.
- Keep an eye on your competitors – Stay ahead of the competition! You can view your rivals’ pages and products without them knowing and see what they are doing to drive business forward.
- Keep up to date with industry news – Following other social media pages in your industry and new blog posts can keep you up to date with new opportunities, important legislation changes and much more.
How to grow your social media connections?
To grow your social media following it is important to keep active on social media, upload new products, services, and engaging posts daily, connect with new people, and comment/ like other posts. By doing this it will keep your page active with more chance of being viewed by new customers interested in what you are offering.
How can a Virtual Assistant help you with your Social Media Marketing?
The daily tasks of running a business will almost certainly take priority over tasks such as social media. A Virtual Assistant can help by interacting with your Followers, replying to your Direct Messages and creating engaging posts to capture your audience’s attention.
If you want to become more visible on social media, then talk to us about how we can help – email@example.com.